Donate your unwanted items
Where you can donate items
If you have unwanted items in your house that are good quality, you can donate them for reuse.
You can take them to the Household Recycling Centres (HRCs) at:
- Kings Norton
- Castle Bromwich
The Veolia website provides information about opening times and how to book a visiting slot.
What you can donate
- electrical items that are in working order, including vacuum cleaners and fans
- bicycles, even if they are missing some parts
- household goods, for example, picture frames, storage boxes, and fire surrounds
- garden tools and lawnmowers
Buying refurbished items
Items that have been donated and refurbished are available to buy at the Reuse Shop at the Tyseley HRC. The address is:
Check the opening times on the Reuse Shop website.
Other things you can do with your unwanted items
There are various ways to pass on your unwanted items without throwing them in the bin.
You can offer them to your neighbours or advertise them on Facebook. You can check if your local high street charity shops are taking donations.
You can donate to other organisations in Birmingham:
- the ReUsers shop in Sutton Coldfield takes donations and sells recycled and restored items
- the CT Furniture store takes and sells a variety of items
I can't donate my item, how do I get rid of it?
We have a bulky waste collection service.
Page last updated: 26 July 2022