Birmingham City Council financial challenges - time to Reset

To find out more about the budget and section 114 notice, visit our budget information page

Donate your unwanted items

Where you can donate items

If you have unwanted items in your house that are good quality, you can donate them for reuse.

You can take them to the Household Recycling Centres (HRCs) at:

  • Castle Bromwich
  • Kings Norton
  • Perry Barr
  • Tyseley

The Veolia website provides information about opening times and how to book a visiting slot.

What you can donate

We accept:

  • furniture
  • electrical items that are in working order, including vacuum cleaners and fans
  • bicycles, even if they are missing some parts
  • household goods, for example, picture frames, storage boxes, and fire surrounds
  • garden tools and lawnmowers
  • bric-a-brac

Buying refurbished items

Items that have been donated and refurbished are available to buy at the Reuse Shop at the Tyseley HRC. The address is:

James Road,
B11 2BA.

Check the opening times on the Reuse Shop website.

Other things you can do with your unwanted items

There are various ways to pass on your unwanted items without throwing them in the bin.

You can offer them to your neighbours or advertise them on Facebook. You can check if your local high street charity shops are taking donations.

You can donate to other organisations in Birmingham:

  • the ReUsers shop in Sutton Coldfield takes donations and sells recycled and restored items
  • the CT Furniture store takes and sells a variety of items

I can't donate my item, how do I get rid of it?

We have a bulky waste collection service.

Page last updated: 7 February 2024

rating button