Birmingham Virtual School offer training and network meetings to a wide range of professionals including
- Designated teachers and those supporting the role
- Designated teachers for previously looked after children
- Social workers
- Foster carers
- Adoptive parents
- Special guardians
- Residential Home staff
- Early Years staff
- Post 16 provision staff
Unfortunately due to COVID-19 all our face to face training sessions are currently postponed.
However we have used this as an opportunity to develop various hour long webinars.
Those already delivered have been well received by both designated teachers and social workers.
We are also currently developing further webinars including:
- The new ePEP
- Post LAC DT role and responsibilities
- The adolescent brain
- Supporting emotional regulation in primary schools
- Supporting literacy
- Supporting newly arrived young people
- Education basics for social workers
Our informative one day training has now been split into four, hour-long twilight webinars, which we anticipate delivering at least twice a year.
These will be highly useful to any new designated teacher, and those supporting the role.
Some of these sessions could also be a great refresher for those who are already established in the role. The next series start on 22 September for four Tuesdays, from 4pm - 5pm.
- September 2020: PEPs and PP+
- September 2020: Practical use of the ePEP system
- October 2020: Being in care
- 13 October 2020: The role of the DT
A webinar around PEPs and PP+ will next be delivered later on in the autumn term. Check back here for more details or the ePEP noticeboard.
We can deliver bespoke training for schools via twilight sessions or staff meetings.
Please get in touch with us at BirminghamVirtualSchool@birmingham.gov.uk.