Preventing the spread of COVID-19
You can help prevent the spread of COVID-19 by choosing to adopt these safe behaviours:
- Get the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Let fresh air in if meeting others indoors.
- Practice good hygiene:
- wash your hands
- cover your coughs and sneezes
- clean your surroundings frequently
- Wear a face covering or face mask, especially in crowded and enclosed spaces.
The NHS has step by step instructions on how to wash your hands
The following resources highlight the measures you can take to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and stay safe:
- Living safely with respiratory infections, including COVID-19 can be found on the GOV.UK website.
- Avoid spreading COVID-19 to people you live with
- Guidance for people with symptoms of a respiratory infection including COVID-19
The latest guidance for people previously considered clinically extremely vulnerable from COVID-19 can be found on the GOV.UK website.