Invoice, payment and fees
Care Fees 2019 to 2020 for Care Homes, Supported Living and Home Support
Care homes with and without nursing
Payment of care home placements with and without nursing will be made via scheduled payments. Providers are not required to submit an invoice for payment.
Where there is a variation in the care provided, the Provider will need to notify Birmingham City Council through the submission of a ”Notice of Events or Change of Circumstances” Form. Where a permanent change to the care provided is required, this will only be agreed following a Review and the issue of new Individual Agreements and Support Plans.
Further information about Finance, Invoicing and Payments can be found in Schedule 9 of the Flexible Contracting Arrangements for the Provision of Care Homes with and Without Nursing Services and Care and Support (Supported Living).
Completed Notice of Events or Change of Circumstances Forms must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Home support and supported living
Invoices must be sent to: email@example.com
To enable all payments to be processed as quickly as possible, please ensure all invoices include the following key information. Failure to do so will result in invoices being returned to you asking for missing information, which may delay payment.
- Invoices should be on letter headed paper which includes the address, telephone number and email address of the provider location
- Invoice date
- Invoice number (your unique reference for the invoice)
- Contract reference number (this will start with “FSL” for supported living providers in most instances and “FHS” for home support providers)
- Service user reference number (this begins with a “6” or “0”)
- Full name of the service user
- Full address of the service user
- Dates of the service provided (from and to) – in line with the payment schedules
- Details of the service provided – hours/days etc (this is service provided not scheduled, for example, a missed call must not be charged for)
- Grand total of the invoice
Where there is a variation in the care provided, the Provider will need to notify Birmingham City Council through the submission of a Variation form.
Where a permanent change to the care provided is required, this will only be agreed following a Review and the issue of new Individual Agreements and Support Plans.
Completed Variation Forms must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org