The Birmingham Collection includes the following forms of published and unpublished documents:
- Text Books
- Annual reports, journals, serials, monographs, newsletters, local society magazines, parish magazines.
- Programmes – entertainment, music, sport, theatre.
- Musical Scores – local composers, festivals.
- Exhibition Catalogues – artistic, business, cultural, scientific.
- Birmingham City Council publications, printed minutes & agenda.
- Resources available on CD/DVD/Video.
- Fiction – drama, poetry, prose by Birmingham authors or when the city is the focal point of activity. A Birmingham author is defined as one who is associated with the city through birth, noticeable residency and public familiarity.
If you feel the items in your possession fall within the parameters of the outlined specification, please email Archives and Collections providing a brief outline of the item(s). Colleagues will then assess and may ask for further clarification before making a decision. All relevant enquiries will receive an initial acknowledgment regardless of the outcome of the decision.