This 24/7 ebook service is free and is designed to be used by library members outside the library. Due to licensing restrictions, this service is available only to members who live within the Birmingham City Council tax boundaries and have a current Birmingham library membership.
You can download eBooks to your Android Tablet/phone, Apple iPad/iPhone or mobile phone, Windows 10 PC/phone/tablet via an app ‘Libby by Overdrive.’ We do not yet have a licence for use with a Kindle in the UK.
- You can loan up to 7 eBooks at any one time.
- 14 to 21-day loan period.
- Books automatically returned at the end of the loan period.
- No fines for late books!!
- Loan history is stored for you to review.
- recommend books to the library to buy
- create a wish list of books to read.
- rate books and leave reviews for others to view
- reserve up to 4 books if they are already on loan
- read books on your tablet, iPad and Windows 10 tablet or PC.
Reserved books can be added to your collection automatically when they become available.
NB Libby is not available for Windows 7. You can only login in to your account online and read eBooks in the web browser.