Overview and contact
If you love reading but age, disability or caring responsibilities stop you from visiting the library, then let us come to you.
Library Services at Home (LSAH) is free and has enabled Birmingham residents to continue reading since 1981. We support people of all ages who have difficulty accessing the library. The service is provided by dedicated and trained library staff. We are happy to correspond with a nominated person of your choice if this would be easier for you.
We do not conduct any assessments regarding your health or current medical conditions; any personal information is strictly confidential.
- free regular scheduled visits
- library loans delivered direct to your home
- free reservation service
- longer / flexible loan period
- no fines or charges
- a citywide service to Birmingham residents
- regular coffee mornings at our Erdington office