There are many reductions available for business rates.
Some reductions are automatically awarded and deducted from bills.
However, some reductions require application forms to be completed.
You can find out more information on different types of reductions:
- retail, leisure and hospitality discount
- small business rates relief and supporting small business relief
- transitional arrangements for rates increases
- reductions for unoccupied properties
- relief for part-occupied properties
- relief for charities and non-profit organisations
- hardship relief
- enterprise zone relief
- relief for local newspapers
- heat networks relief
Page last updated: 8 March 2023