Governor training modules
Our online training modules have been developed for all members of your governing board (GB) to access high quality training at an affordable price. The core training programme includes, but is not limited to, the following modules starting in the Autumn term 2020:
- Induction training (3-part module for new governors)
- Providing effective challenge (all governors)
- Introduction to school finance (all governors)
- Managing financial resources (chairs, finance/resource committee members)
- Role of the safeguarding governor (governors with responsibility for safeguarding)
- Headteacher appraisal (governors appointed to conduct the Headteacher’s appraisal and those who aspire to this role)
- Complaints management for Governors and Clerks
- Ensuring an ambitious curriculum for all (all governors)
Three further modules will be added in 2021:
- Role of the SEND link governor (link governor)
- Evaluating the impact of pupil premium (link/committee governors)
- Strategic governance (all governors)
The training modules that you can already view and book on this site cover the period from September to December 2020 and further modules and dates for 2021 will be added in due course. They represent value for money and there is something to suit all governors whether you are new to the role or looking for further development.
All training modules are delivered online giving easy access for governors and have been designed to be both interactive and engaging. All modules have a start time of 6:30pm.