Proof of home address for school admissions
Acceptable proofs of your child's home address for their school application include:
- A copy of your council tax bill
- A copy of a recent utility bill (gas, water, electric, dated within the last 6 months
- A solicitors letter stating that contracts have been exchanged and specifying a completion date
- A copy of your Child Tax Credit or Working Tax Credit award letter (if you receive either of these benefits)
- A signed and dated tenancy agreement of not less than 12 months, plus proof residency eg a copy of recent utility bill
If a parent knowingly provides false information as proof, which would affect the success of their application, they may have the school place withdrawn.