Proof of home address for school admissions
When you complete the Preference Form, please note that a child’s home address is the residential property that is the child’s only or main residence and which is either:
- Owned by the child’s parent carer(s) or the person with parental responsibility for the child.
- Leased to, or rented by, the child’s parent carer(s) or person with parental responsibility for the child.
- Where parent carers have shared responsibility for a child and the child lives with both parent carers for part of the week, then the main residence will be the address where the child lives for the majority of the school week.
If your address is different to that printed on the preference form, please write the new address in the space provided and attach proof of residence, such as:
- a copy of your council tax bill;
- a copy of a recent utility bill (gas, water, electric etc. dated within the last
- six months);
- a solicitors letter stating contracts have been exchanged and specifying a
- completion date and the new address;
- a signed and dated tenancy agreement with the commencement date, plus proof of residency for example a copy of a recent utility bill.
If a school is allocated on the basis of an address that is subsequently found to be different from the child’s normal permanent home address, then that place may be withdrawn.