Infant to junior school transfer timelines
To avoid disappointment, we cannot emphasise enough how important it is to research the admissions criteria for each school that you are interested in.
- Primary School admissions arrangements, you can also visit the school's website
- If your child does not have an Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) but is receiving support at their current school for their special educational needs or a disability (SEND) consider whether your chosen schools are suitable for their specific educational needs. Talk to school staff or visit the school’s website.
- Please do not apply if your child has an an Education Health Care Plan (EHCP). Information for children with special educational needs is available here: SENDIAS
- Applications open on 1 October 2021
- The closing date for submitting applications is 11.59 pm on 15 January 2022. Applications received after 15 January 2022 are classed as late and will be processed after 19 April 2022.
- If you applied online and provided an email address, we will email you on 19 April 2022 to tell you which school your child has been offered. We cannot guarantee the exact time you will receive your email, as this will depend on your service provider. However, we expect that you will receive your offer email by 4pm on Tuesday 19 April 2022.
- Please ensure you check your junk/spam folder for your email address you provided.
- We will also send you a formal offer letter that will be posted by 1st class post on Tuesday 19 April 2022. Please allow at least two working days for your letter to arrive.
- The offer letter will explain how to accept or refuse the offer that has been made.
- Please do not contact Birmingham City Council before you receive the notification of your child’s school place. The School Admissions team will be unable to inform you by telephone which school has been offered to your child until Friday 22 April 2022.
- Waiting lists will be created 3 weeks following the offer of school places. Your child’s name will be automatically added to the waiting list for any higher preference schools than the one offered.
- Being on a waiting list does not mean that a place will become available.
- More information about waiting lists will be available after National Offer Day.