Infant to junior school transfer timelines
To avoid disappointment, we can't emphasise enough how important it is to research the admissions criteria for each school you're interested in.
- Primary School admissions arrangements. Also visit the school's own websites.
- Most schools have open days and evenings throughout September so that you can look round. You could also contact the school to arrange a visit to hear about what they offer and how they can support your child.
- If your child has special educational needs or a disability (SEND) consider whether your chosen schools are suitable for their specific educational needs. Talk to school staff at the open days or evenings.
- The closing date for submitting applications was 15 January 2019.
- Offer day: If your child was successful in gaining a place we will email you the details of the junior school place we are offering your child on 16 April 2019. Please check your SPAM or Junk folder.
- Let the school know if you accept our offer by 4 May 2019. If you do not reply by this date you may lose the place your child’s been offered.
Your child’s name will be automatically added to the waiting list for any higher preference schools than the one offered.
Being on a waiting list does not mean that a place will become available.
More information about waiting lists will be available after National Offer Day.
After places are offered, you will have the right of appeal for any school you were refused a place at.