National Offer Day 1 March 2021
- If you applied online and provided an email address, we will email you on 1 March 2021 to tell you which secondary school your child has been offered. We cannot guarantee the exact time you will receive your email, as this will depend on your service provider. However, we expect that you will receive your offer email by 4pm on Monday 1 March 2021.
- We will also send you a formal offer letter that will be posted by 1st class post on Monday 1 March 2021. Please allow at least three working days for your letter to arrive.
- The offer letter will explain how to accept or refuse the offer that has been made.
- Please do not contact Birmingham City Council before you receive the notification of your child’s school place. The School Admissions team will be unable to inform you by telephone what secondary school has been offered to your child until Friday 5 March 2021.
Offer of a schools place
Due to the current coronavirus outbreak and the impact on schools, you will only need to inform us if you wish to refuse the offer that has been made, details of how to do so will be included in the formal offer letter.
If do not contact us to refuse the offer, the school will update their records to show the offer has been accepted by you.
You are strongly encouraged not to refuse the offer so that your child has a guaranteed place for September 2021.
The deadline for refusals is 15 March 2021.
If you refuse the place that has been offered to your child by 15 March 2021, the offer will be withdrawn and may be given to a child on the waiting list for that school.
The offer your child has been made will not affect your child’s waiting list position for any of your higher preference schools, or influence the outcome of any appeal you may submit.
- If your child is currently attending an all-through school you must inform your child’s current school if you are accepting the place at a different Secondary school and your child will be starting there in September 2021, instead of continuing to attend their current all-through school in September.
Waiting lists will be created three weeks following the offer of school places. Your child’s name will be automatically added to the waiting list for any higher preference schools than the one offered (unless your child did not achieve the qualifying score in the grammar school selection test).
Being on a waiting list does not mean that a place will become available.