National Offer Day 1 March 2019
- Offers will be sent by email on 1 March 2019 by 5:15pm.
- If you're happy with the school you have been offered, accept this offer by 15 March 2019.
- Please do not contact Birmingham City Council before you receive the formal notification of your child’s school place. You must be in receipt of your formal notification email before contacting the council.
Accept the place offered
You will be sent an email informing you which school has been offered, you will also receive this offer by letter. The email and letter will name the school your child has been offered.
The offer letter will explain how to accept or refuse the offer that has been made;
- If your child has been offered a place at a school in Birmingham, you should return the acceptance slip to the school.
- If your child has been offered a place at a school outside Birmingham, you should return the acceptance slip to School Admissions.
You are strongly encouraged to accept the offer so that your child has a guaranteed place for September.
By not accepting the offer, you could risk losing the place as this may be given to a child on the waiting list for that school.
Accepting the offer will not affect your child’s waiting list position for any of your higher preference schools, or influence the outcome of any appeal you may submit.
Your child’s name will be automatically added to the waiting list for any higher preference schools than the one offered (unless your child did not achieve a high enough score in the grammar school selection test).
Being on a waiting list does not mean that a place will become available.
Please use this form to make a late appeal against the refusal of a place in Year 7 for September 2019: