Scheduled maintenance

Some of our online forms will be unavailable from 8am Saturday 28 January to 8am Monday 30 January 2023. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. You can find help with accessing grants, useful advice and money that you may be entitled to by visiting our cost of living support page

Skip permit application

To apply for a skip permit on the Highway (public road) you must be registered with Birmingham City Council.

Register as a skip operator

There is no charge to register, but you will need to supply us with your Public Liability Insurance and Waste Carrier Licence details.

Once registered, you can apply for skip permits.

Begin online skip permit application

When applying for a skip permit, you’ll need to enter your unique SKP (provided when you registered) and Waste Carrier references.

You will need to provide details of where you want to place the skip, including:

  • Building number/name and postcode of the customer who is hiring the skip (not the skip operator’s details)
  • Exact location of skip e.g. outside No 3 Bulky Road, or around the corner from No 3 Bulky Road in Lean Street.
  • Start date (the date on which the skip will be placed on the Highway)

The maximum licence period for a skip is 7 days; after this time you'll need to apply for a new permit.

The charge for a permit is £22 per week and we advise that you apply 5 days prior to your required start date, if possible.

rating button