What do I need a licence for

Highway Licenses are needed for activities done on public roads, such as setting up scaffolding or hoarding, using lifting equipment, digging, placing materials, and building temporary crossings.

Download the relevant guidance for the following permits:

Find additional information on how to apply for the Highways Licences listed above.

A Section 50 Licence is necessary for companies to excavate or break through the existing adopted highway for maintenance or installation of new apparatus.

Read more about section 50 applications.

rating button