Working for Birmingham City Council
Working for Birmingham City Council is more than just a job; it's about making life better for the million people who live and work in the city.
We are always looking for people of the highest calibre whose knowledge, skills and experience will help us provide the best possible service.
Birmingham City Council is committed to equal opportunities in employment and we positively welcome your application irrespective of your gender, race, disability, colour, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sexuality, gender identity, marital status, responsibility for dependants, religion, trade union activity and age.
Most importantly we want to make a difference to the lives of people who live and work in Birmingham. Join us to make that difference happen.
We also advertise vacancies for other organisations on our site.
Benefits of working for the Council
Benefits of working with us include:
- Pension scheme with a generous employer contribution
- Flexible working, where applicable
- Family-friendly policies including job sharing
- A supportive and empowering organisational culture
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Subsidised travel passes
- Occupational Health support including a confidential counselling service.
- Staff discount scheme with a number of local businesses.
- An accredited Investor in People.
Social care jobs
The Social Care jobs portal portal contains information about working within Children's Social Care in Birmingham and advertises current vacancies. You can register for the Talent Pool to receive updates of new vacancies and also developments within our Social Care services.
Jobs in Schools
Schools-based jobs are published weekly on the Council website. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest news and vacancies: @bhamschooljobs #TeachingInBirmingham #BrumJobs and www.facebook.com/bhamschooljobs