Make a difference to Birmingham and its residents while launching your management career in the public sector.
Our National Graduate Development Programme (NGDP) is run with the Local Government Association (LGA) and was designed to train the next generation of public sector leaders.
During your time at Birmingham City Council (BCC), you will work on high-profile projects across directorates, improving the lives of residents while building a strong professional network across the country.
On top of providing a fast-track opportunity to senior leadership level, BCC offers the following benefits:
- 2-year fixed-term contract of employment with BCC
- salary of £28,371
- hybrid-working and flexible working hours
- access to a mentor in the Senior Leadership Team for the duration of the programme and personal coaching
- a bespoke, fully funded national learning and development programme, including residential and virtual workshops run by the Local Government Association
- a Level 7 Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) qualification offered by the University of Birmingham and Solace
- four six-month rotations across different directorates covering strategic and corporate functions, frontline services, and back-office areas such as finance
- support in continuing your career at BCC and beyond
At BCC, we are committed to creating an environment and culture that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion, making sure BCC is a place for people to be their best, authentic selves.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and protected characteristics, regardless of age, disability, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, race, or ethnicity, religious or spiritual belief, those with caring responsibilities, those experiencing menopause, and or those within the Armed Forces Community.
Page last updated: 1 June 2023