Key announcements

Due to planned maintenance some of our online housing services may not be available from 5:00pm until 10:00pm on Tuesday 28 November. We apologise for any inconvenience. To find out more about the section 114 notice, visit our section 114 page

Options for those wishing to start a new pavement café as soon as possible

The quickest and lowest cost option to obtain a licence to provide seating and tables for the service of food associated with an adjacent business will be to apply for a new temporary pavement licence.

You may still apply for a Part VII Highways Act licence but the fees are considerably higher and there is a statutory 28-day consultation period before we can begin to determine the application. 

rating button