Construction dos and don'ts
- Do consult BCC prior to commencing any construction/demolition work likely to impact on neighbours giving contact details.
- Do advise local residents in writing that work is to take place and provide a contact telephone number for them.
- Do adhere to the following hours of operation for works audible at the site boundary:
|Monday to Friday||8am to 6pm|
|Saturday||8am to 1pm|
|Sunday and Public Holidays||No works|
- Do consult BCC for prior approval if you want to operate outside these hours.
- Do try to operate noisy equipment in the middle of the day only.
- Do carry out piling operations using the quietest methods available.
- Do keep noisy deliveries to the middle of the day especially skip and cement deliveries.
- Do ensure all materials are carefully loaded and unloaded to avoid unnecessary noise. They should not be deliberately dropped.
- Do locate noisy static plant e.g. diesel generators away from residential properties.
- Do ensure noisy plant is adequately insulated/screened.
- Do ensure equipment is properly maintained.
- Do ensure mobile crushers and screeners carry the appropriate permit under the Environmental Permitting Regulations 2016 and that EPU and the permitting authority are kept informed.
- Do ensure you create and maintain a site waste management plan where required.
- Do maintain a site demolition/construction management plan that covers noise/dust.
- Do screen noisy activities that cannot be moved away from noise sensitive premises.
- Do ensure you adhere to your duty of care with regards to waste disposal.
- Do ensure asbestos is removed and disposed of safely by a licensed waste carrier.
- Do keep dust to a minimum on site by:
- Management of stockpiles of dusty materials.
- Spraying dusty parts of the site with water.
- Keeping access roads clean, use wheel washers for vehicles leaving the site if required.
- Covering wagons and skips containing dusty materials.
- Do not play amplified music on the site.
- Do not use vehicles with reversing alarms before 8am.
- Do not leave noisy equipment/vehicles running unnecessarily e.g. at night or early deliveries.
- Do not burn waste on site or anywhere else.