Have you received a Clean Air Zone penalty charge notice (PCN)?
If the Clean Air Zone daily fee is not paid within the payment ‘window’ for the day of travel a penalty charge notice may be issued to the registered keeper of the vehicle.
If you have received a penalty charge notice you have two options.
You can pay the penalty charge
- The standard penalty charge is £120 and you have up to 28 days to pay the standard charge from the date of issue of the PCN
- Alternatively, if you pay within 14 days of the date of issue of the PCN, you can pay charge at the discounted rate of £60
- Information about how to pay the penalty charge is included on the PCN
You can challenge the PCN
- The PCN explains how to submit a challenge and the grounds for a challenge
- The council has also published a document that sets out its policy for the consideration of representations