From Wednesday 2 December, a local COVID-19 Tier System replaces the National restrictions
If you are concerned that a business or venue is not following the Government's regulations then we would like to hear from you.
Want to quit smoking but need motivation?
Latest information on the coronavirus restrictions
From the 2 December 2020, the National Restrictions have been replaced by the Local COVID-19 Tier System. Birmingham is in Tier 3 (Very High alert).
The National Tier system is under review every two weeks.
The government is changing some social contact restrictions for a short period of time during the festive period..
Making a Christmas bubble with friends and family from 23 to 27 December 2020.
From 23 December to 27 December 2020:
- you can form an exclusive ‘Christmas bubble’ composed of people from no more than three households
- you can only be in one Christmas bubble
- you cannot change your Christmas bubble
- you can travel between tiers and UK nations for the purposes of meeting your Christmas bubble
- you can only meet your Christmas bubble in private homes or in your garden, places of worship, or public outdoor spaces
- you can continue to meet people who are not in your Christmas bubble outside your home according to the rules in the tier where you are staying
- you cannot meet someone in a private dwelling who is not part of your household or Christmas bubble
What is Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Support for businesses
Support for residents
Report a concern about COVID-19 non-compliance
Test and Trace support payment (for people on a low income)
Wellbeing during COVID-19
COVID-19 Community Champions
Affected council services
Safeguarding adults with care and support needs
Birmingham's memories of COVID-19
Local guidance during (COVID-19)
Local Outbreak Plan - Covid-19
- Covid-19 funding package to boost pandemic enforcement response
- Active at Home
- Advice for supermarket visits
- Change, Grow, Live charity (CGL) launch 'Prevent' drug and alcohol app
- Do your bit to help reduce pressure on local pharmacies
- Guidance for those who provide unpaid care to friends or family
- Local Outbreak Plan - Covid-19
- Statement to the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise sector
- Symptoms and preventing spread of the virus