Frequently asked questions for schools
Please note that this information was last updated on Wednesday 4 November at 2pm.
Where can I find details of the COVID-19 guidance for schools?
The Government has provided guidance on each of the subjects listed below:
- Guidance for full opening schools
- Safe working in education, childcare and children’s social care settings, including the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): implementing protective measures in education and childcare setting (Section 1)**
- Actions for schools during coronavirus outbreak
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): cleaning in non-healthcare settings
New restrictions have been implemented in Birmingham, where can I find details of the restrictions and when do they commence?
The National Lockdown currently supersedes the National Tier System. The Government has published national guidance from the 5 November 2020
Further guidance and support
If you have any further queries you can contact Birmingham City Council's Public Health team by email. This email address is checked throughout the day and your queries will be answered within 48 hours.
• Email: BCCCOVID19@birmingham.gov.uk
• Visit: Check for updates on the Schools Noticeboard