Jewellery Quarter Neighbourhood Development Plan
Earlier this year an application was made to us to designate a new Neighbourhood Forum to bring together residents, businesses and local Councillors to make plans for the Jewellery Quarter in the City Centre. The application set out the reasons for setting up the new organisation, its area of responsibility and its constitution.
The application was publicised for a period of six weeks and during this time representations were sought from the public and any interested bodies. The consultation period ended on the 5th March 2014.
In compliance with the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 and the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended by the Localism Act 2011) and having regard to the relevant criteria including the representations received as a result of the consultation:-
- The Jewellery Quarter Neighbourhood Area shown edged red on the plan (attached below) is designated as a Neighbourhood Area. This area has been amended to include the Crimean War gardens on Summer Hill Terrace;
- The Jewellery Quarter Neighbourhood Area is designated as a business area;
- Jewellery Quarter Development Trust Neighbourhood Planning Forum is formally designated as a Neighbourhood Forum with relation to the Jewellery Quarter Neighbourhood Area.
Conditions of Designation:
The designation of the JQDTNPF is subject to the following conditions:
- The Forum should maintain at all times a membership which is representative of local residents and businesses.
- The Forum should ensure that the Neighbourhood Plan makes a positive contribution towards the conservation and enjoyment of the Jewellery Quarter Conservation Area, and that the historic environment of the Jewellery Quarter is valued, protected, enhanced and managed for its contribution to character, local distinctiveness and sustainability.
- The designation is valid for 5 years from the date it was made and ceases after that. This does not affect the validity of a Plan or Order brought into force within the five year period.
In light of the above designation, no other body may be designated as a neighbourhood forum for the Jewellery Quarter Neighbourhood Area, and no other Neighbourhood Area may be designated which overlaps with the Jewellery Quarter Neighbourhood Area. The City Council may withdraw the designation at any time if the designated group no longer meets or fails to follow the conditions attached to the designation.
Copies of related documents are below
What Happens Next?
The Jewellery Quarter Development Trust Neighbourhood Planning Forum can now proceed to carry out the community’s aspiration to prepare a Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) to guide the future development of the area.
Want to get involved?
James Mumby has been nominated as the named contact for the Jewellery Quarter Development Trust Neighbourhood Planning Forum. James can be contacted by email at email@example.com
Last Updated : 6th May 2014