Lodge Hill cemetery and crematorium
- Covid-19 (coronavirus) update
Due to COVID-19, visitors to cemeteries and crematoria are reminded that they will still need to practice social distancing in-line with government guidelines.
Current opening hours Days Hours Monday 8:30am to 4pm Tuesday 2pm to 4pm Wednesday 8:30am to 4pm Thursday and Friday 2pm to 4pm Saturday and Sunday 10am to 4pm
- Lodge Hill cemetery and crematorium
- 0121 675 7970
Weoley Park Road
- General information
Lodge Hill cemetery and crematorium is located in the Selly Oak area of Birmingham on a site of just over 61 acres.
As well as traditional graves, the site also has a babies and children’s memorial garden, Acorn Hollow, located near to the rose garden. The garden is a quiet place for visitors, and home to several hand-carved deer and rabbits.
- Wheelchair friendly crematorium
- Ample car parking, including disabled spaces
- Toilets, including disabled facilities
- Two waiting rooms
- Wheelchairs available on request
- An induction loop system and braille hymn books in the chapel
- An organist is available, and CDs or tapes may also be played
- Wesley music system
- Waiting room next to the crematorium
- Memorial options
The following memorial options are available:
- Animal essentials
- Baby kerb blocks
- Baby wall plaques
- Benches (wooden and granite)
- Book of Remembrance
Please note - the book room is closed on weekends. An electronic Book of Remembrance system has recently been installed at all our crematoria allowing you to view all entries.
- Boutonniere plaques
- Memorial benches (wooden and granite)
- Memorial kerbs
- Memorial wall plaques – adult and baby
- Mini graves (ashes)
- Rose garden kerb/block
- Sanctum vaults - straight
- Sundial plaques
- Temporary grave markers
Find out more about buying grave markers and memorials.
- Available graves
New vaulted graves with integral memorials are available.
There are a limited number of cremated remains plots for up to 2 or 4 sets of remains.