Birmingham City Council financial challenges - time to Reset

To find out more about the budget and section 114 notice visit our budget information page

Insurance Claims

There may be occasions where Birmingham City Council could be responsible for causing damage to people's property or even causing bodily injury. In such cases, if we can be shown to be legally liable we will offer compensation for the effects of our actions.

How to make a claim

If you wish to make a claim against the council, you should write to us providing details of the incident (including, the nature of the damage/injury, when and where it happened, etc.)

Where to send your claim

Your claim should be sent to the school, leisure centre or neighbourhood office, etc. concerned.

Other advice and support

If you are not sure who to write to, or if you need any advice or guidance on how to make a claim, email our insurance office

Page last updated: 23 February 2023

rating button