Returning home after an industrial accident
On your return home:
- open all windows and doors to ventilate your home fully for as long as possible, preferably for several hours
- don't eat any food which was left uncovered prior to evacuation
- don't eat vegetables from the garden until they have been thoroughly scrubbed and peeled
- clean all surfaces in the home thoroughly
- re-wash and laundry which was left outside on a washing line.
Always listen to advice given to you by the emergency services.