Training and work placements with Public Health
We are committed to being a training and learning team and we offer a range of training and work placements through the year. Some of these are paid training placements and some are aligned with the universities and DWP as part of unpaid training and development placements.
We currently offer the following types of placements:
Public Health Higher Specialist Training Placements
- Educational placements for public health trainees going through the Health Education England Public Health Higher Specialist Training Programme.
- Placements for trainees at every stage of training and can offer a good portfolio of project work to meet the full range of training competencies as well as senior leadership experiences for HST4/5 senior trainees approaching the end of training or in grace periods of training.
Other Clinical Higher Specialist Training Placements
- Training placements for GP Vocational Training Trainees and Sport and Exercise Medicine Clinical trainees.
- We are open to exploring hosting project-based training placement for other clinical higher specialist training trainees.
- We have an annual programme of 1 year fixed term paid graduate internship placements. The graduate intern programme is designed to help individuals with a masters qualification in public health, or similar topic, gain valuable ‘show how’ work experience to help them move into a substantive public health role.
These roles are advertised through the Birmingham City Council job website
Pathway to Work Placements
- We are currently working with DWP to create suitable work placements
For more information on undertaking a training placement with the Public Health Division please email the Public Health team.