rating button
What are my options? | Leaving home as a young person | Birmingham City Council

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Check out the latest advice, service disruptions, information and support about Coronavirus (COVID-19) Latest updates

What are my options?

Our Accommodation Self-Help Pack contains practical help and advice on how to find suitable accommodation and how to work out what you can afford.


If you are staying with friends or more distant relatives, you may be able to claim help with accommodations costs.  Our Housing Options service will be able to tell you more about living as a boarder or lodger and what costs you may be able to claim.

Room Renting:

Many young people chose to share accommodation to split costs.  You can search online for rooms to rent or shared houses. 

Information on a full range of housing option, including advice if you have nowhere to stay

If you are not able to access the internet please ring us on 0121 303 7410. 

If you are 16 to 25 and not pregnant or with children then it is likely you will be referred to the Youth Hub.  This is a partnership between St Basil’s (a charity specialising in housing for young people), the Housing Options Service and Children’s Services.