Birmingham City Council section 114 notice updates

To find out more about the section 114 notice, visit our section 114 page

Housing advice

If you have a problem with your current accommodation or feel that you might be threatened with homelessness, it is important that you let us know as soon as possible.

We will work with you to ensure we identify your housing problems early and try to prevent you from becoming homeless.

We can:

  • work with our partners and other people such as your landlord or family to prevent homelessness
  • refer or signpost you to necessary support services you may require
  • provide a welfare advice service that will look to make sure that you are receiving all the benefits you are entitled to. They may also be able to negotiate with services on your behalf.

If you are threatened with homelessness and you are suffering from a mental illness or impairment we will investigate to determine if you are in “priority need” for accommodation. This will be determined by your personal circumstances.

rating button