rating button
What are my options | Ex-armed forces personnel | Birmingham City Council

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Check out the latest advice, service disruptions, information and support about Coronavirus (COVID-19) Latest updates

What are my options

Help from Forces Resettlement

Housing advice and support provided in partnership with the Ministry of Defence

Help finding private rented housing

You might be able to get help with a deposit through our Homelessness Prevention Fund, through Discretionary Housing Payments or via the Royal British Legion

Further advice on private renting

Applying as homeless before discharge from the forces

Contact us if you think you will be homeless after discharge from the armed forces so that we can explore your housing options before this happens.

Supported Accommodation

We work with a number of providers who deliver ‘Supported Accommodation’ for vulnerable persons as well as ex-armed forces personnel.  We may refer you to one of these for assistance.

Information on a full range of housing options, including advice if you have nowhere to stay

If you are not able to access the internet please ring us on 0121 303 7410