Public art should be enjoyed by residents and visitors alike. It adds to Birmingham’s reputation as a top cultural destination, bringing people together to celebrate our heritage and be part of our future.
It should be valued, relevant, ambitious, inclusive, innovating, provoking, transformative, challenging, artistically-strong, stimulating, inspiring, risk-taking, bold, surprising and unifying.
This vision will be achieved through six objectives, each with an action plan to:
- Improve the practice of commissioning and developing public art in Birmingham
- Improve the funding base for commissioning public art
- Facilitate changes to Birmingham’s public art portfolio to improve the functioning and awareness of the Public Art Gateway Group (PAGG)
- Improve the information, advice and support available to local artists engaged in public art
- Improve the maintenance of existing public art in Birmingham.
- Improve awareness of and education about public art in Birmingham