Apply for a correction to a marriage certificate

Sometimes mistakes are made during the registration. It may be possible to correct them, if you provide the necessary evidence.

When we make a correction a note is placed next to the original record in the Register. The note describes what the correct details should be.

To apply for a correction, download and complete a marriage registration correction form and return it to the Birmingham Register Office.

We may have to send your application to the General Register Office if the corrections affect identity or the validity of the registration. Once they’ve replied we’ll contact you again.

rating button