BRUM Account

We have now removed the old online account and have added additional services to the BRUM Account Register for a BRUM account

Create a joint tenancy

If you are the sole tenant of a council home you can ask us to create a joint tenancy, but there is no legal obligation for us to grant your request. We will consider joint tenancy applications from married couples, civil partners and couples living as partners, including same sex partners.

Your proposed joint tenant must:

  • be able to prove that they have lived at the property for more than 12 months, unless you are married to them or have a civil partnership with them
  • be 18 or over
  • not already own a property or be a tenant at another address
  • be eligible for housing under our allocation policy.

Request a joint tenancy online

Download, complete and post a paper form

rating button