Accessing Council Tax Online
Once signed into your BRUM account you need to select the option for Council Tax, which will take you to Council Tax Online, where you will see the services available
- Direct Debit – set up or change
- Moving – in, out or within Birmingham
- Applying for discounts – single person, severely mentally impaired, student
- Find a Council Tax band for a property
- Landlords or agents – can report tenants moving
Most forms are updated in real time, but some forms may be actioned at a later point in the back office. You will receive a PDF of the form and an acknowledgment email.
To view up to date account balance information, you will need to verify who you are and allow your BRUM account details to be shared with the Council Tax system.
Select the option to ‘Tell us who you are’, then confirm your name, account number and answer a security question. Once you have authenticated your account, you can view up to date account information, check balance and payments and update contact details.
Please note, if you change your address in your BRUM account you will also need to change it on Council Tax Online.