Business and economy publications
Business and economy
- Local economic assessment for Birmingham: an objective analysis of the local economy, it’s current state, and how it may change in the future. Published December 2014.
- Birmingham update Q2 2019: latest economic data and developments affecting the national, regional and local economy, economic growth, recovery and business conditions. Published quarterly.
- Employment update: a report using the latest official workplace based employment figures for 2017, which sets out the employment position for the city with comparison to other areas and analysis of employment change by sub-sector
- Economic output update: a report using the latest official GVA figures for 2017, which sets out the latest position on economic growth in the city with comparison to other area and analysis of change by sector.
- Birmingham’s transformation and future prospects: describes the economic development and transformation of the city in the decades leading up to the recession. Written 2008.
- Business count update: a report using the latest official business count figures for 2018, which sets out the number of active businesses in the city with comparison to other areas and analysis of business numbers by size band and by sub-sector.