Business and economy publications
Business and economy
- Local economic assessment for Birmingham: an objective analysis of the local economy, it’s current state, and how it may change in the future. Published December 2014.
- Birmingham economic update: latest economic data and developments affecting the national, regional and local economy, economic growth, recovery and business conditions. Published quarterly.
- Employment update: a report using the latest official workplace based employment figures for 2016, which sets out the employment position for the city with comparison to other area and analysis of employment change by sub-sector.
- High growth firms and their contribution to employment in Birmingham: commissioned from the Economics and Strategy Group at Aston Business School to determine what type of firms are creating jobs in the city. Published May 2011.
- Birmingham’s transformation and future prospects: describes the economic development and transformation of the city in the decades leading up to the recession. Written 2008.
- Business count update: a report using the latest official business count figures for 2017, which sets out the number of active businesses in the city with comparison to other areas and analysis of business numbers by size band and by sub-sector.
Seven profiles of key growth sectors in the city, integrating data analysis with intelligence from sector experts, businesses, research institutions and networks to increase understanding of how they support the local economy, and potential for the future. Published June 2011.
- Profile of Birmingham's Advanced Manufacturing Sector
- Profile of Birmingham's Business & Professional Services Sector
- Profile of Birmingham's Digital & Creative Sector
- Profile of Birmingham's Financial Services Sector
- Profile of Birmingham's Low Carbon Sector
- Profile of Birmingham's Medical Technology Sector
- Profile of Birmingham's Transport Technology Sector