Local labour market publications
- Unemployment briefing: claimant count unemployment (numbers and rates) in the city by ward and constituency. Includes a comparison to other core cities, the region and the county, plus maps showing rates and change in unemployment. Published monthly.
- Youth unemployment briefing: data on claimant count for those aged 18 to 24. Includes a comparison to other core cities and maps showing increase in numbers. Published quarterly.
- Qualifications in Birmingham: uses data from the 2011 Census to analyse qualification levels by age, gender, ethnicity and geography within the city, and compares Birmingham to other core cities and neighbouring authorities. Revised April 2017.
- Women in the labour market: uses a variety of data sources to analyse women’s participation in the labour market by ethnicity, age and geography. Revised June 2016.
- Ethnic groups in the labour market: uses data from the 2011 census to provide a detailed analysis of the labour market status of the major ethnic groups of the city. Published October 2014.
- Commuting and migration flows: uses 2011 Census data to analyse and map commuting flows in and out of Birmingham and international migration data. Published May 2015.
- Worklessness briefing: numbers and rates for out of work benefit claimants in Birmingham by constituency and benefit. Includes a comparison with other core cities, the West Midlands and the UK. Published quarterly.