rating button
Register as a childminder with a childminder agency | Birmingham City Council

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Check out the latest advice, service disruptions, information and support about Coronavirus (COVID-19) Latest updates

Register as a childminder with a childminder agency

To register as a childminder, you can either apply to register with Ofsted or join a childminder agency. For specific support and advice about registering as a childminder in Birmingham Contact Children's Services

Opening hours:
Monday to Friday
9am to 5pm
Telephone: 0121 303 1888

Childminder agencies currently supporting childminders in Birmingham include;

@Home Childcare

@Home Childcare is an Ofsted registered childminder agency who act as a network for childminders. The network provides an everything-under-one-roof service. They also provide a childminder start-up support package and pre-registration training.

They also provide on-going support and inspection services.
Contact details
Telephone: 0115 978 3399
Website: @Home Childcare website

Rutland Early Years Agency Ltd

Rutland Early Years Agency Ltd is an Ofsted registered childminder agency providing an all-round service.

If you are looking to become a childminder or are an existing childminder looking to access support, please get in touch for more information.
Contact details
Contact: Melanie Pitkeathly
Telephone: 07908 882120
E-mail: enquires@rutlandearlyyears.co.uk
Website: Rutland Early Years

Register a food business – Agency childminders

You must tell Birmingham City Council about the premises you will run your childminding business from. This information must reach Birmingham City Council 28 days before your business starts running. Registration is free. Register your childminder business

Planning permission – Agency childminders

Childminders who decide to register with a childminder agency must also meet Birmingham City Council planning requirements.

Childminders can find out what planning permission requirements are in place by contacting the planning team.

E-mail: planningandregenerationenquiries@birmingham.gov.uk