Are you struggling with the cost of living?

You can find help with accessing grants, useful advice and money that you may be entitled to. Visit our cost of living support page

Register as a childminder with Ofsted

To register as a childminder, you can either apply to register with Ofsted or join a childminder agency. For specific support and advice about registering as a childminder in Birmingham, contact Children's Services.

Opening hours:
Monday to Friday
9am to 5pm
Telephone: 0121 303 1888

For more information relating to the Ofsted childminder registration process, visit GOV.UK website.

Other areas to consider as part of the childminder registration process include the following:

Register a food business – Agency childminders

You must tell Birmingham City Council about the premises you will run your childminding business from. This information must reach Birmingham City Council 28 days before your business starts running. Registration is free. Register your childminder business

Planning permission – Agency childminders

Childminders who decide to register with a childminder agency must also meet Birmingham City Council planning requirements.

Childminders can find out what planning permission requirements are in place by contacting the planning team.


rating button