How to use the care services directory?
You can search the directory by service type, specialism and whether or not they have a contract with the City Council.
‘Care Homes and Supported Living 2018 contract’ gives a list of services that have been awarded new contracts, and that will be used to provide support to Birmingham citizens from now on.
‘Home Support contract’ gives a list of services that have a current contract with the Council.
A tender for new contracts will be issued later this year.
You can also search by distance from a postcode, or by key words (such as the name of the service if you know it already) to help you find what you are looking for.
Your search may show one or more results. If you click on one of the services, you will see more information about it, including:
- Name, address and phone number
- Whether or not Birmingham City Council contracts with the service.
- Yes (2018) or Yes indicates a current contract.
- No (pre 2018) indicates current services being provided to the Council under a previous contract, but no new services will be arranged.
- Birmingham City Council quality rating (with date of latest inspection)
- CQC quality rating (with date of latest inspection and link to report)
- Feedback from the public about the service