Report an empty home

There is a nationwide plan to get empty properties back into use as homes. You can help with this by telling us about empty properties.

Report a privately-owned empty property by emailing us at

When you get in touch, tell us:

  • the full address of the property
  • the type of property (flat or house, for example)
  • a description of the outside condition of the property
  • how long it has been empty
  • anything else you know about the property (who owns it, for example)
  • your contact details

Empty council homes

To report problems with an empty council home, call 0121 464 4700 or use our online form:

Report an empty council home

Page last updated: 16 February 2023

rating button