Report an empty home

As part of a nationwide plan to get empty properties back into use, we ask you to tell us about empty homes.

Homes that stand empty in Birmingham are a target for squatters, vandals and burglars. Instead, they could be providing homes for the many people who need one.

Report a privately-owned empty property by emailing us at with the following information:

  • Full address of the property
  • Type of property (for example: bungalow, flat, semi-detached house)
  • A description of the external condition of the property
  • Length of time it has been empty
  • Any additional information about the property (for example: about the owner or any known occurrences of nuisance)
  • Your contact details

We will investigate and take whatever steps are appropriate.

Empty council homes

To report problems with an empty council home, please call 0121 464 4700 or report this online:  

Report an empty council home 

rating button