Through inclusive sport and physical activity at our local leisure centres, we aim to offer opportunities to disabled people or those with additional needs. We work in partnership with other organisations to offer specific projects across Birmingham.
Our main areas of development include:
- Encouraging disabled people to take part in mainstream activities
- Providing disability awareness training for leisure centre staff, sports coaches and leaders
- Supporting new and existing disability sport clubs
- Supporting the English Federation of Disability Sport (EFDS) West Midlands Disability Awards
- Supporting talented disabled performers and coaches to apply for Grant Aid
- Supporting specific disability sports projects and events within the city.
Inclusive gyms initiative
Our following leisure centres have a mixture of accessible equipment: