Yardley cemetery and crematorium
- Covid-19 (coronavirus) update
Due to COVID-19 Visitors to cemeteries and crematoria are reminded that they will still need to practice social distancing in-line with government guidelines.
Current opening hours Days Hours Monday to Friday 4pm to 7pm Saturday and Sunday 10am to 5pm
- Yardley cemetery and crematorium
- 0121 675 8825
- General information
Opened in 1883, Yardley cemetery covers around 64 acres. The Council developed one of its chapels and turned it into the crematorium, which opened in 1952.
The cemetery and crematorium are easy to get to from the main drives.
- 45 minute services
- A chapel that can hold up to 166 seated mourners
- A waiting room and vestry
- Toilet facilities (including disabled facilities)
- An induction loop system and braille hymn books in the chapel
- An organist is available, and CDs or tapes may also be played.
- Plenty of parking
- Gardens of Remembrance, for the scattering of ashes
- Memorial Rose Garden (ashes can’t be scattered in this area)
- Wesley music system
- Memorial options
- Book of Remembrance
Please note - the book room is closed on weekends. An electronic Book of Remembrance system has recently been installed at all our crematoria allowing you to view all entries.
- Boutonniere plaques
- Granite memorial benches
- Memorial kerbs
- Memorial wall plaques
- Mini graves (ashes)
- Panorama vault
- Posy vase
- Rose garden kerb/block
- Sanctum vaults - straight
- Sundial plaque
- Temporary grave markers
- Woodlands boulder
- Woodlands mushroom
Find out more about buying grave markers and memorials.
- Available graves
Yardley cemetery has no land for new full graves. Full interments, burials or scattering of cremated remains continue to take place in private family graves.
Graves for cremated remains are still available to purchase for the burial of up to two sets of remains.