Lodge Hill cemetery and crematorium
- Opening times
Opening times 1 October to 31 March 8:30am to 4pm 1 April to 30 September 8:30am to 7pm
With the exception of medical or Guide Dogs, dogs are not permitted in the cemetery.
Office opening times By appointment only
- Covid-19 (coronavirus) update
We respectively request that any visitors to the cemetery/crematorium take appropriate precautions to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus and refrain from attending if they are experiencing symptoms or have tested positive for the virus.
Please be aware that disruptions to non-essential services may continue to occur whilst infection rates remain high.
- Lodge Hill cemetery and crematorium
- 0121 675 7970
Weoley Park Road
- General information
Lodge Hill cemetery and crematorium is located in the Selly Oak area of Birmingham on a site of just over 61 acres.
As well as traditional graves, the site also has a babies and children’s memorial garden, Acorn Hollow, located near to the rose garden. The garden is a quiet place for visitors, and home to several hand-carved deer and rabbits.
- Wheelchair friendly crematorium
- Ample car parking, including disabled spaces
- Toilets, including disabled facilities
- Two waiting rooms
- Wheelchairs available on request
- An induction loop system and braille hymn books in the chapel
- An organist is available, and CDs or tapes may also be played
- Wesley music system
- Waiting room next to the crematorium
- Memorial options
The following memorial options are available:
- Animal essentials
- Baby kerb blocks
- Baby wall plaques
- Benches (wooden and granite)
- Book of Remembrance
Please note - the book room is closed on weekends. An electronic Book of Remembrance system has recently been installed at all our crematoria allowing you to view all entries.
- Boutonniere plaques
- Memorial benches (wooden and granite)
- Memorial kerbs
- Memorial wall plaques – adult and baby
- Mini graves (ashes)
- Rose garden kerb/block
- Sanctum vaults - straight
- Sundial plaques
- Temporary grave markers
Find out more about buying grave markers and memorials.
- Available graves
New vaulted graves with integral memorials are available.
There are a limited number of cremated remains plots for up to 2 sets of remains.