Lodge Hill cemetery and crematorium
- Covid-19 (coronavirus) update
Due to COVID-19, visitors to cemeteries and crematoria are reminded that they will still need to practice social distancing in-line with government guidelines.
Face masks should be worn where the number of mourners exceeds 48 people in the crematorium chapel due to social distancing measures. There is no restriction on the number of mourners at outdoor funerals.
Mourners that are self-isolating may attend funerals but must maintain 2 metres social distance.
Current opening hours Days Hours Monday to Friday 8:30am to 7pm Weekends and Bank Holidays 10am to 7pm
- Lodge Hill cemetery and crematorium
- 0121 675 7970
Weoley Park Road
- General information
Lodge Hill cemetery and crematorium is located in the Selly Oak area of Birmingham on a site of just over 61 acres.
As well as traditional graves, the site also has a babies and children’s memorial garden, Acorn Hollow, located near to the rose garden. The garden is a quiet place for visitors, and home to several hand-carved deer and rabbits.
- Wheelchair friendly crematorium
- Ample car parking, including disabled spaces
- Toilets, including disabled facilities
- Two waiting rooms
- Wheelchairs available on request
- An induction loop system and braille hymn books in the chapel
- An organist is available, and CDs or tapes may also be played
- Wesley music system
- Waiting room next to the crematorium
- Memorial options
The following memorial options are available:
- Animal essentials
- Baby kerb blocks
- Baby wall plaques
- Benches (wooden and granite)
- Book of Remembrance
Please note - the book room is closed on weekends. An electronic Book of Remembrance system has recently been installed at all our crematoria allowing you to view all entries.
- Boutonniere plaques
- Memorial benches (wooden and granite)
- Memorial kerbs
- Memorial wall plaques – adult and baby
- Mini graves (ashes)
- Rose garden kerb/block
- Sanctum vaults - straight
- Sundial plaques
- Temporary grave markers
Find out more about buying grave markers and memorials.
- Available graves
New vaulted graves with integral memorials are available.
There are a limited number of cremated remains plots for up to 2 or 4 sets of remains.