Online forms unavailable

Some of our online forms may be unavailable on Saturday 25 November between 7am and 7.30pm due to essential maintenance. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Apply for a Carer’s Break Grant

Following the Consultation on Carers’ Support, as part of the wider BCC Financial Challenge Savings Consultation, we are in the process of implementing new arrangements to access a Carer’s Break Grant.  We aim to be able to provide an update about new arrangements in January 2018..

Birmingham City Council has commissioned a range of support for carers which is available via the Birmingham Carers’ Hub. 

We are working closely with the Carers’ Hub to ensure that carers of adult citizens are able to access support with their own health and wellbeing, obtain greater knowledge of support available within their community as well as potentially being able to access small grants.

Birmingham is committed to offering carers a broad range of support and the Birmingham Carers Hub with their links to other partners such as Health and other carers groups, is best placed to provide this.

When a completed Carers Assessment has identified that respite, either via a care home or sitting support in a home environment, then this is a commissioned service, which is provided for the adult with care and support needs.  If you have had an assessment undertaken by the Carers Hub, they will contact the appropriate Social Work Team to arrange this.

If you require respite support urgently you can contact ACAP on 0121 303 1234.