Services for adults who are blind or have sight problems

If you’re over 18-years-old and have a sight loss that is impacting upon your daily living you may be eligible for additional support. You do not have to be registered with your sight loss to receive our support.

For us to work out how much help you’ll need to make life easier for you we’ll need to carry out an assessment. We will contact you by telephone, or arrange to visit if you prefer, to undertake a conversation to identify your strengths and needs and will provide advice and information on how you may be assisted by services or local community resources.

If you need help adapting to and managing a new diagnosis or change in your condition, contact Focus. Their IAG coordinators can guide you through services and support available to you and connect you to groups and activities.

Request a conversation

A conversation is simply a discussion between yourself and a social work professional to understand what help and support you might need coping with life on a day to day basis.

Our services aim to help you:

  • be as independent as possible for as long as possible
  • enjoy a full life, safely and with confidence
  • stay in the place where you choose to live.
rating button