Where can you get support?
Quit with Bella app is now available for Birmingham residents
Do you want to quit smoking but need motivation? Why not download Quit with Bella and join a community of people supporting each other to be smokefree for life! Express how you are feeling, support others through comments and smiles, and become the permanent ex-smoker you want to be!
Make today the day for taking that first step on your quit journey!
- No matter how long you've smoked for, no matter how many cigarettes you smoke a day, your health will start to improve as soon as you quit.
- Evidence suggests that 67% of smokers want to quit but never offered the support and therefore not sure how to go about the best way to quit.
- There's lots of free support on offer and by using the support that's right for you, you'll be boosting your chance of quitting. Research shows that you're 3 times likely to quit successfully if you use a combination of stop smoking medicine and behavioural support from your local Stop Smoking Service.
- GPs and pharmacies- if you live or work in Birmingham, you can get Support from your local GP practice or pharmacy.
Due to COVID-19, face-to-face stop smoking consultations have now stopped. Some providers may be offering telephone consultations instead to help motivate you to quit smoking.
- NHS Smokefree – The NHS have created a range of resources, including their Smokefree app which is free. You can also get support from social media groups, daily emails and the National Smokefree Helpline.
- Quit with Bella - You’ll find Quit with Bella on the IOS App Store and on Google Play – and don’t forget if you’re a Birmingham City resident, it’s completely FREE!