Benefits of quitting smoking
As well as reducing your risk from infections such as COVID-19, there are many other health benefits to quit smoking:
- 8 hours after your last cigarette, your oxygen levels return to normal
- 72 hours after your last cigarette, your breathing becomes easier
- 3 to 9 months after your last cigarette, lung function increases by up to 10%
- By quitting smoking you’ll be saving money
- And the list goes on – for a fuller list of health-related benefits to quitting smoking visit the NHS website.