Pupil attendance, advice for schools and professionals
On these pages schools will find advice and resources to assist with improving attendance and reducing persistent absence.
FAST-track to Attendance is the legal process schools should use to tackle ongoing unauthorised absence – for more information see page 2.
The leave in term time (legal) process is for cases of unauthorised leave in term time of continuous five days or 10 sessions.
- BCC Education Penalty Notice Code of Conduct for September 2022
- Dfe attendance and absence codes
- Attendance action plan - school version
- Pupil absence systems review 2018 - School version
- BCC education prosecution policy 2022
- Term time guidance for Headteachers
For further information about pupil attendance, contact the Education Legal Intervention Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last updated: 19 June 2023