Complain about a Councillor

If you feel that one of our Councillors has broken the Council’s Code of Conduct for Members you should let us know. You can do this by making a complaint.

If you want to complain about any elected member of Birmingham City Council you will need to do so in writing:

  1. Download and complete a copy of our complaint form 
  2. Return your completed form to The Monitoring Officer, contact details at the bottom of this page:

The Monitoring Officer will read every complaint and decide whether it should be formally investigated.

The Monitoring Officer may choose to try to resolve your complaint informally, without the need for formal investigations. If this is the case, the Monitoring Officer will contact you to let you know.

If we can’t resolve your complaint and it needs formal investigation, the Monitoring Officer will contact you to give you more information about the next steps.

rating button